Friday, October 22, 2010

It Takes Two to Tango

   Junior year so far has been dispappointing.
   Not only did 2 of my dearest friends leave to very far places, but i found it easy to say that no good thing has ever happened to me.
   Okay, I correct that. One good thing did happen to me. I found a great set of new friends. Four of them, to be exact. They may not be the type of people I expected myself to like, but surprisingly, I loved them. They were annoying, noisy, misbehaved, and crazy. They were also fun, thoughful, and loving. They always managed to brighten my day and joke my troubles away. Although they were the opposite of my previous close friends and have the opposite attributes i seek in a companion, I couldn't think of a better place where I belong.
   They were new to me like I was new to them. We were all knew to each other since neither of us became really close friends until this school year. We have a lot to learn about each other.
   Recently, I just learned that friends 3 and 4 don't get along with each other. Well, I really didn't think they weren't close to begin with.
   Then, they both snapped. It started last Monday during Computer time. The power went off so we had to do some activities. As soon as our teacher left, we began talking and sharing answers amongst ourselves. Naturally, the Computer Lab became noisy and Best Friend #3 got irritated with the noise for she wanted to concentrate so she said (in Bisaya) "Shut up, will you? Why can't you shut up? Just answer the computer activities and stop acting like you're smart. You think you're so smart but you're not" or something like that. Best Friend #4 got offended because she knew 3 was referring to her row. From that time on, 4 began shouting "BUGO! BUGO! MGA BUGO! MGA BUGO TANG TANAN!"
   Personally, I thought 4 started it. It irritated 3. It annoyed me a bit too because I thought the taunting was done for no absolute reason and I was agains a person calling another dumb. To me, jokes that diminish one's self-esteem were low. Not only that, being called 'stupid' somehow discourages one to study.
   Then I learned how it really started and I realized how they were both wrong. 3 shouldn't have said those things and 4 should've just told 3 in person that she was offended. No need to announce it to class even if it was through an indirect way. They also had no right to say that one is noisy and loud because they are both equally the noisiest girls in class, in my opinion.
   And now, I what I've feared has happened. Two of my closest friends hate each other. When one talk, the other glares or rolls her eyes. We tried to make them talk to each other and tell each other what they truly feel. It was such a failure. I came with my Best Friends # 1 and 2 to tell 4 that 3 wanted to talk to her. She wasn't willing and once 3 knew, she gave up on trying. And to make things worse, 4 even said that even if she went with me, and the rest, she would feel out of place. I beg to disagree. I think 4 would fit in just fine.
   I really wish they'd stop fighting. I wish they'd just talk instead of making rude comments behind each other's back. I wish they'd see their mistakes. There are three sides to this problem afterall - 3's side, 4's side, and the RIGHT side. I wish they'd swallow their pride and just apologize to each other. I wish 4 would understand that no one's replacing her. We love her no matter what people say about her. I wish 3 would not give up. I wish she won't transfer to another school just because of that stupid misunderstanding.
   Seriously. They have to understand that this problem isn't going to solve itself. But one can't fix it either if the other isn't willing or doesn't want it fixed. Girls, remember, it takes TWO to tango.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
 I think by the time you've read this, you'll know who you are. I haven't been very creative with nicknames, but you can't blame me. I'm tired but wanted to pursue this blog hoping you guys would see some sense. I hope when you read this, you'll understand and not want to kill me. Please don't kill me. I'm too young to die. And don't feel bad and start avoiding me, either. That's worse than killing me. That's still like murder. Only it's emotional-murder. If any of you guys feel bad and start avoiding me, my heart's gonna break. oh, and please remeber. I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE GOTTEN MY FACTS RIGHT. I ONLY WROTE WHAT I KNEW AND WHAT I THOUGHT I KNEW. THIS ENTRY IS WRITTEN FROM MY POINT OF VIEW SO THIS IS HOW I SEE THINGS. EVERYTHING IS OPINIONATED.
  
 

2 comments:

  1. Rhetorical question: Doesn't it feel good to write about your feelings, and anything that bother's your mind?... Yes it does. I hope your audience reads this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi sir dale!! thanks for the comment! yes, sir, it does. sometimes writing is the only way to escape reality and express your innermost thoughts and feelings.. :)

    ReplyDelete